Search Our Collections
- Ministry of Information Photo Division Photographer
- Ray Peter A
- Ministry of Information photographer
- National Fire Service photographer
- Stone Richard
- Ministry of Information Photo Division official photographer
- War Office official photographer
- Beaton, Cecil?
- Bryson Jack
- Malindine E G (Lt)
- Ministry of Information official photographer
- Palmer Fred (Hon Lt)
- Press Agency photographer
- Puttnam L (Lt)
- Taylor (Lt)
- London, England, UK
- Fulham, London, England, UK
- Norwood, London, England, UK
- England, UK
- Poplar, London, England, UK
- Hampstead, London, England, UK
- Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Kensington, London, England, UK
- Thames (River), England, UK
- Silvertown, Essex, England, UK
- Wandsworth, London, England, UK
- City of London, London, England, UK
- East Ham, London, England, UK
- Eltham, London, England, UK
- Greenwich, London, England, UK
- Knightsbridge, London, England, UK
- Mill Hill, Middlesex, England, UK
- Bermondsey, London, England, UK
- Bloomsbury, London, England, UK
- Canning Town, London, England, UK
- Canterbury, Kent, England, UK
- Cardiff, Glamorganshire, Wales, UK
- Chelsea, London, England, UK
- Durham, County Durham, England, UK
- Earls Court, London, England, UK
- Gresford, Flintshire, Wales, UK
- Hong Kong
- Norwich, Norfolk, England, UK
- Reading, Berkshire, England, UK
- Home Front, UK, Second World War
- V-Weapon Offensive 1944-1945, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Blitz, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Evacuation of British children 1939-1944, Evacuation
- Baedeker Raids 1942, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Victory Parade, London, Peace Celebrations, Celebrations
- VJ Day, Peace Celebrations, Celebrations
- Hong Kong 1941, Japanese Expansion 1931-1941, Second World War
- Civil Defence
- Towns and Cities
- Daily Life
- Bomb Damage
- Rest & Relaxation
- Chemical Warfare
A policeman directs an ambulance to the scene of the 'incident' at a busy junction in Fulham, with a convoy of ambulances following on behind. In the foreground, a photographer can be seen, taking a photograph of the policeman and ambulance:...
Rescue workers clear rubble and debris from around a woman who has been trapped under a pile of bricks, timber and wire. The workers have the letter 'R' on their steel helmets, indicating that they are part of the rescue team. This photograph...
Walking wounded cases are led to waiting ambulance cars by members of the 'light rescue' teams, as behind them, stretcher cases are carried to ambulances. This photograph was taken on West Cromwell Road/Conan Street, looking West towards North...
A striking portrait of a female member of the Fire Guard using a stirrup pump. She is clearly on a roof (perhaps of Senate House in London, the Ministry of Information headquarters) and the skyline of the city can just be seen in the background. She is...
'Rip' the dog and an ARP Warden survey the scene of devastation following an air raid in Latham Street, Poplar. The bomb crater is full of water. In the background, the remains of the local surface shelter can be seen, which, although...
Women of the American Ambulance Great Britain talk to an elderly man next to the pile of rubble which was once his home, following a devastating V1 attack in the Highland Road and Lunham Road area of Upper Norwood. This man had been for a walk as his...
AIR RAID PRECAUTIONS ON THE BRITISH HOME FRONT: THE WORK OF THE GAS CLEANSING CENTRE, WANDSWORTH, LONDON, ENGLAND, 1941
A Civil Defence worker washes out the eyes of a gas casualty at the Gas Cleansing Centre in Wandsworth, to make sure that no gas remains in the eyes. After their eyes are rinsed, casualties then visit the showers for an all-over wash.
A busy scene inside Fulham Ambulance Station as Civil Defence workers direct ambulance drivers out of the depot at Seagrave Road. Four ambulances are being sent to the incident to deal with stretcher cases.
The leader of the 'light rescue' team (on the right) and three Civil Defence wardens prepare to lower a casualty through an upstairs window down to the street. This photograph was taken on Edith Villas. Just visible in the background in West...
An Air Raid Precautions Warden arrives at his post with a report of the incident which has occurred in the local area.