Search Our Collections
- McLagan and Cumming, Edinburgh
- Scottish War Savings Committee
- Kenner, George
- Kemp-Welch, Lucy
- PARLIAMENTARY RECRUITING COMMITTEE
- Aldin, Cecil
- ARMY SERVICE CORPS
- Attwell, Mabel Lucie
- Bainbrigge, Edith M
- Burton, Charles
- Dadd, Frank
- David Allen and Sons Ltd, 17 Leicester Street, London, W Belfast, Harrow, Liverpool, Glasgow, Dublin
- Delittle, Fenwick and Co, London and York
- Gawthorn, Henry George
- Hill, Siffken and Co Ltd, London
- Jowett and Sowry, Leeds
- Kealey, E J
- National War Savings Committee
- Our Dumb Friends' League
- OXO Ltd, London
- Schwabe, Randolph
- West, J Walter
- Great Britain GB
- United Kingdom
- Alexandra Palace, Haringey, London, England, UK
- Army Remount Depot, Russley Park, Baydon, Wiltshire, England, UK
- Baydon, Wiltshire, England, UK
- Knockaloe, Isle of Man, UK
- London, England, UK
- Kensington Palace, Kensington, London, England, UK
- Kensington, London, England, UK
- Podington, Northamptonshire, England, UK
- WW1 British Home Front
- Home Front, UK, First World War
- War Loans and Savings Campaign, Home Front, UK, First World War
- War Weapons Weeks, Propaganda Campaigns
- First World War
- Internment of German Civilians 1914-1918, Internment
- Recruitment Campaign 1914-1916, Home Front, UK, First World War
- British Home Front & Agricultural Production & (after) 1917
- civilian effort
- Military Personnel
- women / women's work
- war loans / savings
- agriculture / food
- Aircraft Accidents
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
- civilian personnel
- military vehicles
- Costume and fashion
- Military housing
(posters) Made by: National War Savings Committee (publisher/sponsor) 1919
Art.IWM PST 10372
whole: the image is placed at the top, held within a black frame, with the title and text below. All set against a deep blue background. Image: Under a yellow sky a farmworker, foreground left, drives a tractor, ploughing a field. A red roofed farmhouse...
(art) Made by: Kemp-Welch, Lucy
Art.IWM ART 3160
image: Three women exercising horses in a remount depot. They take their charges through their paces in an indoor straw- ride. Each woman rides one horse and leads another.
(art) Made by: Kenner, George 1918-08-23
Art.IWM ART 17055
image: a view across a camp with prisoners standing around in the foreground and some low huts surrounded by a perimeter fence behind them. In the distance there are some low hills with a rainbow rising up to a dramatic cloudscape.
(art) Made by: West, J Walter
Art.IWM ART 3085
image: three heavy horses are being led across farmland, the first horse by a woman at its head, the third ridden by a woman; in the background a haycart is being loaded. The whole set against a golden sunset.
(posters) Made by: Unknown (Undefined) 1915
Art.IWM PST 0320
whole: the image occupies the majority of the upper three-quarters, held within a brown and white border. The title is separate and positioned across the top, with the text across the lower quarter, both in white and set against a brown background. image...
(posters) Made by: Kealey, E J (Undefined) 1915
Art.IWM PST 2763
whole: the image occupies the whole, with the title integrated and positioned across the top and upper left, in white outlined black. All held within a black border. image: a woman stands at an open window, accompanied by her daughter and son, watching...
(art) Made by: Kenner, George 1916-02-24
Art.IWM ART 17084
image: a view looking up at Alexandra Palace in the snow through some trees at the bottom of the hill. In the foreground some POWs can be seen building a snowman and throwing snowballs.
(art) Made by: Kenner, George 1915-10-13
Art.IWM ART 17091
image: a view looking down over London from Alexandra Palace with POWs walking around on the hill, watched from several watchtowers. In the foreground one prisoner holds up a large model yacht.
(art) Made by: Bainbrigge, Edith M 1914
Art.IWM ART 4734
image: a view of Kensington Palace from across the Round Pond in Kensington Gardens. On the far side of the lake is an encampment of white tents, with several figures visible.
(posters) Made by: Attwell, Mabel Lucie (Undefined)
Art.IWM PST 10976
whole: the image occupies the majority, with the title integrated and positioned lower right, in green outlined black. The text is separate and positioned on an additional text strip adhered to the bottom quarter, in black against a white background. The...