Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Italy IT
- 'Marmalade Bridge', Rouen
- Albert, Somme, France
- Asmara, Eritrea
- Boulogne-sur-Mer, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Ethiopia ET
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Hit, Iraq
- Hotel Christol, Boulogne-sur-Mer, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Israel IL
- Palestine (British Mandate and Occupied Territories) PI
- Piazza Italia, Asmara
- Pozzillo, Sicily, Italy
- Rouen, Seine-Maritime, France
- Saint-Riquier, Somme, France
- Vicenza, Veneto, Italy
- Western Front, First World War
- Ethiopia and East Africa 1940-1941, Second World War
- Italian Campaign 1943-1945, Second World War
- Italian Front 1915-1918, First World War
- Mesopotamia 1914-1918, Ottoman Empire, First World War
- Normandy Breakout 1944, North West Europe, Second World War
- Operation Husky, Allied Invasion of Sicily 1943, Italy, Second World War
(art) Made by: Preis, Eli 1944
Art.IWM ART 15938 17
No description available
An Infantry Battalion Moving Out of the Fishing Village of Pozzillo, Sicily: on the Evening of 11th August 1943
(art) Made by: Ardizzone, Edward Jeffrey Irving 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 3449
image: a view along a crowded village street with military trucks on either side of the road filled with troops ready to move out. In the left foreground one soldier is talking to a woman wearing a red dress. A church is visible in the background to the...
(art) Made by: Richards, Albert
Art.IWM ART LD 6316
image: a sketch depicting part of a steel girdered railway bridge.
(art) Made by: Revel, John Daniel
Art.IWM ART 2354
image: a view along a road leading into the centre of Hit, with a figure riding a mule and another figure moving along the road in the foreground. The simple, square, sandy coloured buildings of the town rise up in the background, dominated by a minaret...
(art) Made by: Lawson, Cecil Constant Philip
Art.IWM ART 5928
image: A large column of horse-drawn British carts move along a road through the French town of Albert. The road is muddy, the landscape is bare and the buildings in the background have been badly damaged by artillery fire.
(art) Made by: Carline, Sydney William 1918
Art.IWM ART 4486
Image : a view of an Italian village street with a British artillery team stationary at the roadside whilst a French artillery column moves past. Two pairs of horses, with two mounted British soldiers, stand at the roadside. Beyond them three pairs of...
(art) Made by: Dodd, Francis
Art.IWM ART 4964
image: a view of the abbey church and surrounding buildings in the French town of Saint-Riquier on the Somme near Abbeville. In the foreground are a few horse drawn carts on a tree lined road that runs across the composition. Further back, two military...
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward
Art.IWM ART LD 1806
image: a large piazza lined with column-fronted buildings, with various people going about their business. In the centre foreground there are two horses and carts, with another in the foreground to the right. In the left foreground is a motor vehicle.
(art) Made by: Baxter, David A
Art.IWM ART 3258
image: a view along a street in Boulogne with the Hotel Christol on the right. Several Red Cross ambulances are parked outside.