Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Abyssinia ET
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Bremen, Bremen, Germany
- Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Ethiopia ET
- Hospice, Wytschaete, West Flanders, Belgium
- Iraq IQ
- Menelik's Gebbi, Addis Ababa
- Mont-Saint-Éloi, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Netherlands NL
- Newhaven, East Sussex, England, UK
- South Downs, South East England
- South East England, England, UK
- Stonebridge Park Power Station, Wembley
- Wembley, Middlesex, England, UK
- Wytschaete, West Flanders, Belgium
- Western Front, First World War
- Home Front, UK, Second World War
- Blitz, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Bremen 1945, North West Europe, Second World War
- Ethiopia and East Africa 1940-1941, Second World War
- Middle East 1941-1944, Second World War
- Naval Operations, Second World War
- Operation Sea Lion 1940, Projected German Invasion of the United Kingdom, United Kingdom, Second World War
- WW2 British Home Front
- Bomb Damage
- civilian personnel
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
- trench / defences
- agriculture / food
- air raid / blitz
- air raid precautions / shelters
- civilian effort
- civilian morale
- eating / drinking
- military manoeuvres
- Military Personnel
- peace / victory celebrations
- portrait / personification
- war debris
(art) Made by: Nash, Paul
Art.IWM ART 1147
Image: the ruins of a building that has been completely destroyed. There are a number of graves in the foreground marked by small wooden crosses in the ground. These reflect the burnt trees standing amongst the ruins, and more trees in the background....
(posters) Made by: Army Bureau of Current Affairs (publisher/sponsor) 1942
Art.IWM PST 14887
whole: the image occupies the majority. The title is partially integrated and positioned along the bottom edge, in grey and in black. The text is separate and placed at the top edge right, in grey. All set against a white background. image: a view over...
(art) Made by: Schwabe, Randolph 1940-11-01
Art.IWM ART LD 709
Image: a view of the heavily bomb damaged Coventry cathedral. The foreground is littered with bricks, metal girders and rubble, the walls and spires largely intact in the background.
(art) Made by: Lutyens, Edwin (Undefined) 1919
Art.IWM ART 4207
A three dimensional model of the Cenotaph.
(art) Made by: Orpen, William 1917
Art.IWM ART 3014
Image: a view of the Arras road with a column of British infantry marching from the left of the composition. The road is bordered by ridges on either side, with the entrances of several dug-outs on the far side. The tower of the old abbey of Mont-Saint-...
(art) Made by: Ravilious, Eric 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 5663
Image: a view from the quayside with a ship anchored in the harbour to the left, and a large fort rising up on the right.
(art) Made by: Sargent, John Singer 1918
Art.IWM ART 1607
Image: Scottish infantrymen resting against the exterior wall of a shell-damaged building. The composition is divided between the view into the coach house, and the scene in the street. The hole blasted into the wall shows the remains of a carriage lying...
(art) Made by: Ardizzone, Edward Jeffrey Irving 1945
Art.IWM ART LD 5266
Image: A street lined with bombed buildings. A lone figure wanders along the centre of the street amidst trailing telegraph wires and piles of rubble.
(art) Made by: Moss, Colin William 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 3025
Image: A water tower camouflaged with a painting of houses and a street and surrounded by barbed wire fencing.
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward 1944
Art.IWM ART LD 4547
image: the interior of a Marsh Arab hut made of reeds, with the Shaikh, in traditional robes and headdress, sitting on the left. A duck stands in the right foreground and other men are sitting in the background either side of two coffee tables.