Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Abyssinia ET
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Arras, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Bremen, Bremen, Germany
- Coventry Cathedral, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Ethiopia ET
- Hospice, Wytschaete, West Flanders, Belgium
- Iraq IQ
- Menelik's Gebbi, Addis Ababa
- Netherlands NL
- Newhaven, East Sussex, England, UK
- Stonebridge Park Power Station, Wembley
- Wembley, Middlesex, England, UK
- Wytschaete, West Flanders, Belgium
- Western Front, First World War
- Blitz, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Bremen 1945, North West Europe, Second World War
- Ethiopia and East Africa 1940-1941, Second World War
- Home Front, UK, Second World War
- Middle East 1941-1944, Second World War
- Naval Operations, Second World War
- Operation Sea Lion 1940, Projected German Invasion of the United Kingdom, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Bomb Damage
- civilian personnel
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
- air raid / blitz
- air raid precautions / shelters
- eating / drinking
- Military Personnel
- portrait / personification
- trench / defences
- war debris
(art) Made by: Schwabe, Randolph 1940-11-01
Art.IWM ART LD 709
Image: a view of the heavily bomb damaged Coventry cathedral. The foreground is littered with bricks, metal girders and rubble, the walls and spires largely intact in the background.
(art) Made by: Moss, Colin William 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 3025
Image: A water tower camouflaged with a painting of houses and a street and surrounded by barbed wire fencing.
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward
Art.IWM ART LD 1801
Image: a view across the rooftops of Menelik's Palace, the Old Gebbi, the one time residence of Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie. The view is seen from a balcony of the building on a rainy day, with Selassie's former study and the balcony...
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward 1944
Art.IWM ART LD 4547
image: the interior of a Marsh Arab hut made of reeds, with the Shaikh, in traditional robes and headdress, sitting on the left. A duck stands in the right foreground and other men are sitting in the background either side of two coffee tables.
(art) Made by: Ravilious, Eric 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 5663
Image: a view from the quayside with a ship anchored in the harbour to the left, and a large fort rising up on the right.
(art) Made by: Sargent, John Singer 1918
Art.IWM ART 1607
Image: Scottish infantrymen resting against the exterior wall of a shell-damaged building. The composition is divided between the view into the coach house, and the scene in the street. The hole blasted into the wall shows the remains of a carriage lying...
(art) Made by: Ardizzone, Edward Jeffrey Irving 1945
Art.IWM ART LD 5266
Image: A street lined with bombed buildings. A lone figure wanders along the centre of the street amidst trailing telegraph wires and piles of rubble.
(art) Made by: Nash, Paul
Art.IWM ART 1147
Image: the ruins of a building that has been completely destroyed. There are a number of graves in the foreground marked by small wooden crosses in the ground. These reflect the burnt trees standing amongst the ruins, and more trees in the background....