Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Abyssinia ET
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Austria-Hungary AH
- Ethiopia ET
- Italy IT
- Menelik's Gebbi, Addis Ababa
- Bad Oeynhausen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
- Brussels, Brabant, Belgium
- Cambrai, Nord, France
- Carso, Italy
- Changi, Singapore
- City of London, London, England, UK
- Cloth Hall, Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- Doberdò del Lago, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Grand Place, Brussels, Brabant, Belgium
- Japan JP
- Sagrado, Friuli-Venezia Giulia, Italy
- Singapore SG
- St Martin's Cathedral, Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- St Mary-le-Bow, Cheapside, City of London, London, England, UK
- Treslon, Marne, France
- Westminster Abbey, Westminster, London, England, UK
- Épernay, Marne, France
- Western Front, First World War
- Ethiopia and East Africa 1940-1941, Second World War
- Italian Front 1915-1918, First World War
- Allied Prisoners of War Far East 1939-1945, Internment
- Battles of Ypres 1915, Western Front, First World War
- Blitz, United Kingdom, Second World War
- Defeat of Germany 1945, Second World War
- First World War
- Italy 1917-1918, Italian Front 1915-1918, First World War
- VE Day, Peace Celebrations, Celebrations
- Bomb Damage
- Military Personnel
- medical / convalescence
- military suffering
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
- peace / victory celebrations
- wounded / disabled
- events / anniversaries
- flag / banner / standard
- historical reference
- military buildings / installations
- military vehicles
- surrender / retreat
- war debris
(art) Made by: Cotterell, Arthur N 1918-07-01
Art.IWM ART 3602
image: a view down a street in the heavily bomb damaged French town of Epernay. The tall houses are partially destroyed, with the surrounding ground covered in rubble and splintered wooden beams.
(art) Made by: Cotterell, Arthur N 1918
Art.IWM ART 3603
image: a view down a street bordered by rubble in the bomb damaged French village of Treslon. A tall building still stands in the background but there is a large pile of rubble and masonry in front of it, with splintered wood in the right foreground.
(art) Made by: Spare, Austin O 1918
Art.IWM ART 3637
image: in the lower left foreground sits a British soldier with a bandaged right leg. Further away across a rubble strewn square seven men are loading stretcher cases into one of two Red Cross ambulances. Beyond them the ruined tower of the Ypres Cloth...
(art) Made by: Jonas, Lucien
Art.IWM ART 2278
image: a column of British infantrymen marching through the bombed streets of Cambrai with the cathedral in the background. A British soldier, in the left foreground, a French flag attached to his fixed bayonet, walks towards the marching men. A child...
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward
Art.IWM ART LD 1801
Image: a view across the rooftops of Menelik's Palace, the Old Gebbi, the one time residence of Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie. The view is seen from a balcony of the building on a rainy day, with Selassie's former study and the balcony...
(art) Made by: Bawden, Edward
Art.IWM ART LD 1800
image: a view across the rooftops of Menelik's Palace, the Old Gebbi, the one time residence of Ethiopian Emperor Haile Selassie. The view is seen from a balcony of the building on a rainy day, with Selassie's former study and the balcony...
(art) Made by: Rushbury, Henry
Art.IWM ART 1125
image: several British Army officers and men in civilian dress stand in the walkway leading up to the Wolfe monument within Westminster Abbey. The monument itself is covered with numerous flags, including several Union Jacks.
(art) Made by: Chitty, Edward Charles
Art.IWM ART 16255 8
image: A view of an upper section of the wall at Changi prison camp in Singapore, seen from the inside.
(art) Made by: Cowern, Raymond 1945
Art.IWM ART 16946
image: A view along an empty residential street with a park on one side and a row of large four-storey houses on the other.
(art) Made by: Brundrit, Reginald G
Art.IWM ART 894
image: a view along a road in the bomb damaged Italian village of Doberdò del Lago. A few soldiers walk along the road, which is bordered with trees and rubble.