Search Our Collections
- Howe, Thomas Edward Barham
- Royal Air Force
- Royal Air Force, 1659 Heavy Conversion Unit
- Royal Air Force, 1661 Heavy Conversion Unit
- Royal Canadian Air Force, 408 Squadron
- Royal Canadian Navy, LA HULLOISE (HMCS)
- Royal Navy, CHAMELEON (HMS)
- Royal Navy, CHESHIRE (HMT), troopship
- Royal Navy, FORTH (HMS), cruiser
- Royal Navy, PLUCKY (HMS), minesweeper
- Royal Navy, RATTLESNAKE (HMS)
- Royal Navy, RIFLEMAN (HMS)
- Royal Navy, ROWENA (HMS)
- Royal Navy, ST AUSTELL BAY (HMS), frigate
- Royal Navy, SYLVIA (HMS), minesweeper
- Royal Navy, VANGUARD (HMS), battleship
part of "ROYAL AIR FORCE AIRCRAFT 1941-1959: ATP COLLECTION (GSA 325)" (photographs) Made by: Ministry of Aircraft Production (MAP)
Halifax B Mark V Series 1, DG235, awaiting delivery at Speke, Liverpool, following assembly by Rootes Securities Ltd. DG235 survived the war, after serving with No. 408 Squadron RCAF on two occasions, and also with Nos. 1659 and 1667 Heavy Conversion...
part of "ADMIRALTY OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Royal Navy official photographer
HMCS LA HULLOISE entering Gladstone Dock, Liverpool.
part of "AIR MINISTRY SECOND WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Royal Air Force official photographer
Radio mechanics supplied by the Royal Canadian Air Force are welcomed on a wharf at Liverpool docks by a senior officer, soon after their arrival.
part of "AIR MINISTRY SECOND WORLD WAR OFFICIAL COLLECTION" (photographs) Made by: Brock, F. J. (Flying Officer) (Photographer) 1944-06-05
West Indians in the Royal Air Force: a contingent of one thousand volunteers listening to an address by Air Commodore T E B Howe on the deck of their troop ship, shortly after its arrival at Liverpool, England, 5 June 1944.
(film) Made by: Blundell, George Collett (Production individual)
Silent 8mm colour footage taken by Captain G C Blundell, commander of the minesweeper HMS Rifleman, during the clearing of wartime naval minefields off Greece with the 2nd Minesweeping Flotilla, 1948-1949.