Search Our Collections
- Battle of Jutland 1916, North Sea, First World War
- Falklands War, Naval Operations & General Belgrano, Sinking of by HMS Coqueror & 2/5/1982
- Liberation of Belgium 1944-1945, North West Europe, Second World War
- Liberation of Ghent 1944, North West Europe, Second World War
- Lusitania (sinking) 1915, Irish Sea, First World War
- Naval Operations, Atlantic & RMS Lusitania, Sinking of by U20 & 7/5/1915
- Naval Operations, North Sea & Jutland, Battle of & 31/5/1916 = 1/6/1916
- post45 Falklands War- 01/7(829)
- Argentine Navy, General Belgrano
- Argentinian Navy & 17 de Octubre
- Argentinian Navy & General Belgrano
- Beatty, David Richard
- Bernstorff, Johann Heinrich von
- British Army
- Jellicoe, John Rushworth
- Merchant Navy, RMS LUSITANIA
- Montgomery, Bernard Law
- Royal Navy & HMS Conqueror
- Royal Navy, IRON DUKE (HMS)
- Royal Navy, LION (HMS)
- Thatcher, Margaret Hilda
(Decorations and awards) 1916
Art.IWM MED 1006
obverse design : Admirals Sir John Jellicoe and Sir David Beatty GCB, joint busts, in uniform. Jellicoe's full face partly obscures Beatty's right profile. Beneath the busts a laurel branch obverse text : "RESOLUTE IN ACTION" &...
(Decorations and awards) Made by: Sandle, Michael (manufacturer/maker) 1986
Art.IWM MED 1061
design: Death in the form a laureate skull, leering left profile, serpents issuing from her mouth. The skull rests upon a partially obscured sinking warship - the torpedoed Argentinian cruiser 'General Belgrano'. To left, the head and raised...
(Decorations and awards) Made by: Townsend, Jen 2004
Art.IWM MED 1107
whole: In the form of a bullet, tipped with black onyx. The bullet is topped by a bow, with the words 'WAR PROLIFERATES' etched into it repeatedly. On the back of the bow is a small brooch pin.
(Decorations and awards) Made by: Wales, Polly 2004
Art.IWM MED 1106
whole: Part of the breastpocket of a pinstriped suit. A garnet drop hangs from a gold chain pinned to the suit with a fish hook shaped pin.
(Decorations and awards) 1915
Art.IWM MED 1110
First World War British copy of the German first issue 'Lusitania Medallion' by Karl Goetz. The confusing date error on the original German work was seized upon by the British and exploited for propaganda purposes, the intention being to...
(Decorations and awards) Made by: De Cuyper, Floris 1954
Art.IWM MED 1084
piece obverse design : half-length portrait of a woman in regional medieval costume, her head turned to the left, her left arm resting on a ledge with 'Gent' inscribed on a flowered ribbon below. Her right hand is holding the town coat-of-arms...