Search Our Collections
- First World War, Western Front & 5/8/1914 = 22/11/1914
- Liberation of North-Western Europe
- First World War, Western Front & 5/8/1914 = 22/11/1918
- German Invasion 1914, Western Front, First World War
- German Occupation of Belgium, Second World War
- Raid on Zeebrugge 1918, North Sea, First World War
- Western Front
- British Army, Durham Light Infantry, 14th Battalion
- British Army, Royal Army Medical Corps, 219 Field Ambulance
- British civilian services & British Red Cross
- Portnoy, John
- Belgian Army, Belgian Liberation Battalion, 1st Independent Belgian Brigade Group
- British Army, Royal Garrison Artillery
- British Army, Royal Welsh Fusiliers
- British Army, York and Lancaster Regiment, 2nd Battalion
- British civilian services & Order of St John of Jerusalem
- British civilian services & Order of St John of Jerusalem (Nursing Services)
- Chisholm, Mairi Lambert Gooden
- Close, Jean Henri
- Francis, E
- Ivey, W
- Latham, R
- McKenzie, Albert Edward
- Pinniger, Albena Jane
- Royal Navy
- Van Kerekhoven, Leandre
- Vlaamsch National Verbond
- War Office
(Decorations and awards) 1917
Medal with clasp ('service under fire'). (SEE) OMD 84.
(uniforms and insignia)
Both Flanders and Wallonia possessed uniformed para-military organisations that supported Hitler's regime during the Second World War, with Flanders having the largest proportion. The Vlaamsch Nationaal Verbond (VNV) were a separatist party of some...
(Equipment) Made by: Burroughs Wellcome & Co, London
A Burroughs Wellcome and Co, 'Tabloid' Brand No 80 Hypodermic and Opthalmic Case (The "British Army Regulation"). With contents.
A Belgian 5 centimes coin, circular with machined hole in centre, the obverse features denomination with embossed leaf and branch design, the reverse features legend "ROYAUME DE BELGIQUE 1904" and crown.
(Decorations and awards)
medal only (no ribbon) (SEE) OMD 84
A Belgian 10 centimes coin, circular, the obverse features denomination encirlced by legend "BELGIQUE BELGIE 1917", the reverse features an embossed lion surrounded by decorative floral border close to rim.
Belgian 2 francs coin, circular, the obverse features denomination "2FR" within two leafy branches, date 1944 is below, the reverse features legend "BELGIQUE BELGIE" also within two leafy branches.
(Weapons and ammunition)
Fuze relic, brass, 163 is engraved on one side and the remnants of a paper label is fixed around base reading "..to the Belgian Lines in the sector of Boesinghe. June 1917".
(Decorations and awards)
medal (no ribbon) (SEE) OMD 84. Note that in the inscription the 'R' of 'R.W.FUS.' is almost obliterated by scratch marks.
A Belgian 25 centimes coin, circular, the obverse features denomination encirlced by legend "BELGIE BELGIQUE 1915", the reverse features an embossed lion surrounded by decorative border on rim.