Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Ploegsteert, Hainaut, Belgium
- St Martin's Cathedral, Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- Messines, West Flanders, Belgium
- Poperinghe, West Flanders, Belgium
- Elverdinge, West Flanders, Belgium
- Canada CA
- Gheluveldt, West Flanders, Belgium
- Hill 60, Ypres Salient, West Flanders, Belgium
- Kemmel Hill, West Flanders, Belgium
- Kemmel, West Flanders, Belgium
- Menin Road, Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- Nieuport, West Flanders, Belgium
- Passchendaele, West Flanders, Belgium
- Touquet Berthe, Hainaut, Belgium
- Tower Hamlets, Gheluveldt, West Flanders, Belgium
- Vimy Ridge, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Vlamertinge, West Flanders, Belgium
- Wytschaete, West Flanders, Belgium
- Ypres Salient, West Flanders, Belgium
- Ypres, West Flanders, Belgium
- British Army
- British Army, Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire Light Infantry
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Royal Field Artillery
- Royal Air Force
- British Army, 14th Division
- British Army, 41st Brigade
- British Army, King's Royal Rifle Corps, 8th Battalion
- British Army, Manchester Regiment, 18th Battalion
- British Army, Middlesex Regiment (Duke of Cambridge's Own)
- British Army, Royal Engineers, Signals Service
- Brownsword (Captain)
- Canadian Army
- Clark, Cosmo
- Imperial German Army Air Service
- Royal Air Force, Royal Flying Corps
- Williamson, Harold Sandys
- Bomb Damage
- Military Personnel
- trench / defences
- portrait / personification
- war debris
- military suffering
- wounded / disabled
- aerial view
- Military housing
- Aircraft Accidents
- artist's response
- empire / commonwealth
- fire / fire fighting
- medals / orders / decorations
(art) Made by: Kennington, Eric Henri
Art.IWM ART 5051
image: a detailed view of a heavily bomb damaged house, the foreground below littered with bricks and masonry. Neighbouring buildings have also been reduced to ruins.
(art) Made by: Horne, A E
Art.IWM ART 17020
image: a head and shoulders portrait of Cosmo Clark in uniform with a cigarette in his mouth.
(art) Made by: Holden, WFC 1919
Art.IWM ART 17286
image: a view of the bomb damaged Lille Gate on the edge of the town centre of Ypres in Belgium. The gate and fortified city wall are scarred by previous artillery fire, a bridge leading from the gate across a moat to the left foreground. Bare tree...
(art) Made by: Roberts, William 1918
Art.IWM ART 1171
image: a group of gunners of the Royal Field Artillery hurriedly emerging from a dugout, still dressing as they run towards a battery firing into the distance. A Sergeant stands to the left of the composition, holding a torch in his hand shining down at...
(art) Made by: Roberts, William 1918
Art.IWM ART 1165
image: a mule-train carrying rations to the front line passes a group of British soldiers standing by the side of the road.
(art) Made by: Rose, Geoffrey K 1915-06
Art.IWM ART 4803
image: a sketch of a mine exploding, sending a large cloud of earth skywards. A cheval de frise is on the ground to the right.
(art) Made by: Rose, Geoffrey K 1917-08-24
Art.IWM ART 4898
image: a view across a field and past trees to the bomb damaged Vlamertinghe Church.
(art) Made by: Rose, Geoffrey K 1917-08-19
Art.IWM ART 4894
image: a sketch of a a line of bivouac tents pitched in a field, with British infantrymen standing amongst them. One man stands in the immediate foreground, looking straight at the viewer. Trees line the horizon.
(art) Made by: Rose, Geoffrey K 1915
Art.IWM ART 4788
image: a view of the tall tower and spire of Ploegsteert Church, slightly scarred by artillery fire.
(art) Made by: Anderson, William McDougall 1917-01-20
Art.IWM ART 16250 12
image: a sketch of an elderly woman wearing a head scarf and sitting up in a bed holding something in her hands.