Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- Germany (pre 1945 and post 1990) DE
- Bissegem, West Flanders, Belgium
- Cassel, Nord, France
- Ghent, East Flanders, Belgium
- Hill 60, Ypres Salient, West Flanders, Belgium
- Hooge, West Flanders, Belgium
- Ploegsteert, Hainaut, Belgium
- Saint-Omer, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Trezennes, Pas-de-Calais, France
- Ypres Salient, West Flanders, Belgium
- Royal Air Force, Royal Flying Corps
- Imperial German Army Air Service
- Royal Air Force
- McCudden, James Thomas Byford
- Barker, William George
- Bennett, W G
- Bishop, William Avery
- Hawker, Lanoe George
- Hoidge, Reginald Theodore Carlos
- Insall, Gilbert Stuart Martin
- Liddell, John Aidan
- Mannock, Mick
- Mottershead, Thomas
- Rhys Davids, Arthur P F
- Royal Air Force, 60 Squadron
- Royal Air Force, 85 Squadron
- Warneford, Reginald Alexander John
- Aircraft Accidents
- aerial view
- Military Personnel
- Bomb Damage
- portrait / personification
- fire / fire fighting
- Military Aviation
- Aerial Warfare
- air raid / blitz
- medals / orders / decorations
- military buildings / installations
- Natural phenomena / time / weather
- war debris
- agriculture / food
- civilian personnel
- trench / defences
part of "VICTORIA CROSS WINNERS 1914 - 1918: K - Z" (photographs) Made by: Unknown Photographer
Portrait of Major James Thomas Byford McCudden VC RFC
part of "VICTORIA CROSS WINNERS 1914 - 1918: A - J" (photographs)
Hawker, Lanoe George, Royal Flying Corps: Place and date of deed, France, October 1914 - July 1915.
part of "IMPERIAL WAR MUSEUM PHOTOGRAPH ARCHIVE COLLECTION" (photographs)
Mottershead, Thomas, Royal Flying Corps: Place and date of deed, Belgium, 7 January 1917.
(art) Made by: Nevinson, C R W 1917
Art.IWM ART 517
image: A view of aerial combat with a British Sopwith Camel attacking a German Taube, which is just visible towards the bottom of the composition.
(art) Made by: Orpen, William 1918
Art.IWM ART 2979
image: A half length portrait of McCudden in uniform sitting in a wooden armchair.
(art) Made by: Nash, Paul 1918
Art.IWM ART 1155
Image: a battle scarred landscape with a small lake surrounded by hills. The water has been disturbed by multiple hits and smoke rises from explosions. A few biplanes are engaged in a dogfight in the sky above.
part of "VICTORIA CROSS WINNERS 1914 - 1918: K - Z" (photographs)
Mannock, Edward "Mick", Royal Flying Corps: Place and date of deed, France, May 1917 - July 1918.
(art) Made by: Orpen, William 1917
Art.IWM ART 2397
image: A portrait of Bennett in leather flying gear. He sits in a relaxed pose, his arms resting on his knees.
(art) Made by: Wyllie, Harold 1920
Art.IWM ART 3993
image: A night scene illuminated by fire, showing the immediate aftermath of an air raid on an aerodrome. In the centre left a grounded aircraft has suffered a direct hit and is engulfed with flames. Further back are two aircraft hangars with another...
'Plug Street' (Ploegsteert) Village : An Unusual Compliment To One Of Our Airmen: A 'Black Maria' To Himself
(art) Made by: Handley-Read, Edward 1915
Art.IWM ART 180
image: a view across an open battlefield with what appears to be a Royal Flying Corps Maurice Farman biplane having just dropped a bomb. There is an explosion of earth and black smoke in the right foreground, the black smoke bomb described in military...