Search Our Collections
- Great Britain GB
- United Kingdom
- London, England, UK
- ARP South West Regional Headquarters, Bristol
- Bristol, Gloucestershire, England, UK
- Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England, UK
- Birmingham, Warwickshire, England, UK
- City of London, London, England, UK
- Cosway Street Rest Centre, St Marylebone
- Fort Dunlop, Birmingham
- Hereford, Herefordshire, England, UK
- Model Maker's Shop, Naval Section, Directorate of Camouflage, Leamington Spa
- Newcastle upon Tyne, Northumberland, England, UK
- Paul's Wharf, City of London
- Royal Ordnance Factory No. 51, Hereford
- Scotland, UK
- St Marylebone, London, England, UK
- Thames (River), England, UK
- The Rink Camouflage Workshop, Directorate of Camouflage, Leamington Spa
- Air Raid Precautions (ARP)
- Royal Navy
- British Army, Royal Artillery, Anti-Aircraft Regiment
- Buchanan (Sister)
- DIRECTORATE OF CAMOUFLAGE
- Directorate of Camouflage, Naval Section
- Fiddeman, Betty
- Ironside, Christopher
- Ministry of Home Security
- Rathmell, Thomas
- Solomon, Gilbert
- St John's Ambulance Malayan Relief Team
- munitions / manufacture
- civilian personnel
- women / women's work
- air raid precautions / shelters
- civilian effort
- medical / convalescence
- Aircraft Accidents
- civil defence / ARP
- Military Personnel
- supplies / provisions
- wounded / disabled
- agriculture / food
- air raid / blitz
- Bomb Damage
- business / trading / markets
- civilian suffering
- Costume and fashion
(art) Made by: Bone, Stephen
Art.IWM ART LD 3281
image: two men look out of the skylights in the roof of a shop as the shadow of a kite balloon passes over them.
(art) Made by: Medley, Robert 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 83
image: on the right four men hold a strecher with a patient between them. On the left another patient is being attended to on he floor, watched by the examiners.
(art) Made by: Mason, Frank 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 2755
image: the model maker stands at his desk holding a piece of wood. He is surrounded by tools and wood shavings. On the table in front of him is a red model of a ship. There are other models sitting on the window sill under the partially drawn curtains.
(art) Made by: Platt, John Edgar 1942
Art.IWM ART LD 2640
image: a view across the Thames. Several barges, tugs and gunboats sail up and down the river. The dome of St Paul's is visible between the two warehouses on the far bank.
(art) Made by: La Dell, Edwin 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 322
image: Workers sewing and designing camouflage in a workshop lit by electric lighting. Some samples are suspended from the ceiling; two others are stretched on the back wall and are being worked on from a step ladder.
(art) Made by: Piper, John 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 169
image: a room lit by electric light. On the right hand wall is an abstract map, with areas marked with numbers and letters. On the adjacent wall are more symbols, another smaller map and a clock. In the foreground are tables with a glass and carafe.
(art) Made by: Piper, John 1940
Art.IWM ART LD 170
image: A corridor lit by electric light, with numbers and symbols marking the walls and floor.
(art) Made by: Armstrong, John 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 3359
image: Four munitions workers, three of whom appear to be female, are at work inside the shell of a Mosquito aircraft, which stands in pieces supported by a wooden scaffold. The factory scene is lit from above by suspended lamps and there are other...
(art) Made by: Richards, Albert 1942
Art.IWM ART LD 3284
image: a searchlight on a small paved area of a promenade, next to a lighthouse. The area is surrounded by barbed wire and also contains a small, manned anti-aircraft gun emplacement. There are several men in uniform in the battery, including one asleep...
(art) Made by: Charlton, Evan 1943
Art.IWM ART LD 2908
image: a view looking down on a the factory floor of a parachute factory, showing a row of women at sewing machines surrounded by swathes of white parachute silk. One parachute is being laid out on a long table by two women on the right, while several...