Search Our Collections
- Airwork Ltd
- Constructors Ltd, Nickel Works, Birmingham
- Royal Mint
- A M Co
- Avon Rubber Co
- B M B
- Collins, London
- D B Ltd
- Everett Edgcumbe & Co Ltd, London
- Fattorini & Sons Ltd, Birmingham
- GP & F Co, USA
- Imperial Typewriter Company Ltd
- J Hudson & Co, Birmingham
- J R G
- J S S
- Manchester Collieries Ltd
- Morgensterns Teas
- SWIFT BROOKFIELD
- Verdin, Henry James
- Manchester, Lancashire, England, UK
- Middlesbrough, North Riding, Yorkshire, England, UK
- UK & England & Surrey & Croydon
- Arundel, Sussex, England, UK
- Boughton Camp, near Ollerton, Nottinghamshire, England, UK
- Goudhurst, Kent, England, UK
- Grantham, Lincolnshire, England, UK
- Hawick, Roxburghshire, Scotland, UK
- High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, England, UK
- Holborn, London, England, UK
- Isle of Man, UK
- London, England, UK
- Ollerton, Nottinghamshire, England, UK
- Rye, Sussex, England, UK
- West Bromwich, Staffordshire, England, UK
- British Army, Home Guard
- Air Raid Precautions (ARP)
- Civil Defence
- Green, Arthur F
- National Fire Service & NFS
- Air Raid Precautions
- Anderson, John
- Auxilliary Fire Service & AFS.
- Civil Defence & Air Raids Precaution Services, Casualty Service
- Culling, Kathleen
- Hodgkin, George
- Mary, Queen
- Morrison, Herbert Stanley
- Pickney, Joan
- Voluntary Aid Detachment, British Red Cross Society, Royal Naval Hospital
- 633 (German) Prisoner of War Working Company
- Air Raid Precautions (ARP), Civil Defence (CD)
- Auxiliary Units, Bn 203, Arundel Patrol
- Auxilliary Fire Service / National Fire Service
- Barton, John
- Bick, Charity Anne
- Blacker, Latham Valentine Stewart
- British Army, 4 Platoon, D Company, 9th (Fife) Battalion, Black Watch, Home Guard
- British Red Cross Society
- British, Civilian
- CIVIL DEFENCE
- Civil Defence, Air Raid Precautions
- Clayden, Barbara Carter
- Dentith, E A
- Easterby, Frederick Ruben
part of "Respirator, Anti-Gas, Civilian Duty (Queen Mary)" (Equipment)
Respirator mask, filter Face mask made of black rubber fitted with two glass eyepieces within metal frames. To the 'nose' is fitted an expanding rubber outlet valve with a black lacquered metal filter fitted to the snout (the filter features a...
(souvenirs and ephemera) Made by: SWIFT BROOKFIELD
Circular silver tin containing Swift's Brookfield Powdered Whole Milk, there is a white paper label wrapped all around with red and green lettering and decoration
Air Raid Warden's haversack with ARP lamp affixed to front to satchel, complete with contents : Warden's Report Forms and pencil, Eyeshields Anti-Gas Mk II, Chart of War Gases, typescript document listing first aid posts & fire stations etc...
Respirator. A metal-framed step-in helmet covered in green rubberised fabric with a transparent window within a black rubber mask. There is a rubber bellows pump fitted to the left of the respirator (hand-operated) and the infant is secured into the...
(Weapons and ammunition)
This lead-weighted wooden truncheon was issued to 55th County of Lancaster Battalion Home Guard. It was evidently used while mounting guard at Manchester Collieries Ltd of Walkden. A shortage of firearms meant that many improvised weapons were employed...
(Equipment) Made by: J Hudson & Co, Birmingham
Silver-coloured tubular metal ARP whistle without lanyard, the manufacturer's name 'A.R.P. J. HUDSON & Co., BARR ST., HOCKLEY, BIRMINGHAM' is engraved across the top.
(souvenirs and ephemera)
gas mask, with cotton drill carrying bag and leaflet.
(uniforms and insignia) Made by: Collins, London
Second World War, British Home Front, Women's Home Defence Force (WHD) badge. An unofficial organisation founded by Dr Edith Summerskill (nicknamed 'Flossie Bang Bang'), Labour MP for Fulham West, in December 1941. No uniform was worn...
(Weapons and ammunition)
Second World War British practice shell which formed part of the equipment for the Smith Gun, one of the several different forms of 'pipe gun' produced in Great Britain in 1940 as rapid replacements for the large numbers of conventional guns...
Set of headphones with an adjustable metal head band onto which two black plastic head pieces are attached. Coming out of them is a long black and red wire with a one-pin plug at the end.