Built at Leipzig in 1939 by Erla Maschinenwerk and was operated by the 4th Staffel of Jagdgeschwader 26 (4/JG26) based at Marquise-Ost. The aircraft carried a white figure 4 with black outline and had previously carried the double chevron insignia of a Gruppen Kommandeur - believed to have been Hauptmann Karl Ebbighausen of 11/JG26. Five of Ebbighausen's victory markings appeared on the fin (two Dutch dated May 13, 1940, one French or Belgian dated May 18, 1940 and two RAF dated May 25 and June 14, 1940. The aircraft was being flown by Unteroffizier Horst Perez on September 30, 1940 when it was attacked by Hurricanes over Beachy Head, later belly-landing in a field at Eastdean, Sussex with only superficial damage. It was taken to the Royal Aircraft Establishment and was later dispatched to the United States and Canada where it was used for exhibition purposes in connection with the 'Bundles for Britain' campaign. It arrived by sea in Nova Scotia early in 1941 and the following June is known to have been exhibited in the New York area. Fug 7a radio equipment appears to have been removed in USA in 1941, for testing and evaluation by Lear Avia, Piqua, Ohio. Its fate is unknown. See the journal, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology; 1941, Vol 13, Issue 12, and 1942 Vol 14 Issue 6. At the end of the hostilities it was delivered to the Arnprior Research Establishment in Ontario and in November 1966 it returned to the UK for restoration at Hurn Airport near Bournemouth.