Focke Wulf Fw 190A-3, Werk Nr. 313, at RAF Pembrey, Carmarthenshire, after being mistakenly landed there by its German pilot, Oberleutnant Armin Faber, the Gruppenadjutant of III/JG2, on 23 June 1942. This was the first Fw 190 to fall intact into Allied hands, and was immediately sent to the Royal Aircraft Establishment, Farnborough, where initial flight trials were conducted, and where it was also repainted in British markings and given the RAF serial number MP499. In July, MP499 was flown to the Air Fighting Development Unit at Duxford, Cambridgeshire, where its performance was extensively tested in comparative trials with Allied aircraft. The aircraft was then passed to No. 1426 (Enemy Aircraft Circus) Flight, who continued flying it from Duxford and Collyweston, Northamptonshire, before it was finally struck off charge on 18 September 1943.