AMERICAN AIRCRAFT IN RAF SERVICE 1939-1945: LOCKHEED V-146 VENTURA.
- Catalogue number
- ATP 10835B
- Part of
- Subject period
- Alternative names
- object name: Official photograph
- object name: Portrait photograph (aircraft)
- object category: Black and white
© IWM (ATP 10835B)Purchase & License
Ventura Mark I, AE762, on the ground at Speke Airport, Liverpool, after undergoing post-delivery checks and modifications at the Lockheed reassembly plant. The airport terminal building, partially obliterated by the censor, is visible behind the aircraft. After trials with the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment and the Air Fighting Development Unit, AE762 served with Nos. 21 and 299 Squadrons RAF.
Associated people and organisations
- Royal Air Force, Air Fighting Development Unit
- Royal Air Force, 2 Group
- Royal Air Force, 21 Squadron
- Royal Air Force, Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment
- Royal Air Force, 299 Squadron
IWM Non Commercial Licence
The media for this item are free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. Video, sound and images can be embedded with the code we offer here, and images can also be downloaded.
By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM (ATP 10835B)