ROYAL AIR FORCE: OPERATIONS BY THE PHOTOGRAPHIC RECONNAISSANCE UNITS, 1939-1945.
- Catalogue number
- CL 478
- Part of
- Subject period
- Alternative names
- object name: Official photograph
- object name: Aerial photograph (vertical)
- object category: Black and white
© IWM (CL 478)Purchase & License
Vertical photographic-reconnaissance aerial photograph of the steelworks at Colombelles, east of Caen, France following a daylight attack on German fortified positions by aircraft of Bomber Command on the morning of 18 July 1944, in support of Operation GOODWOOD. The whole target area is studded with a dense concentration of craters and almost every building in the steelworks has been destroyed.
Associated people and organisations
- Allied Air Offensive 1942-1945, North West Europe, Second World War
- Operation Goodwood 1944, North West Europe, Second World War
- North West Europe 1944-1945
- Royal Air Force 1939-1945, Bomber Command
- Royal Air Force 1939-1945, Coastal Command
IWM Non Commercial Licence
The media for this item are free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. Video, sound and images can be embedded with the code we offer here, and images can also be downloaded.
By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM (CL 478)