ROYAL AIR FORCE BOMBER COMMAND, 1942-1945.
- Catalogue number
- C 4668
- Part of
- Subject period
- Alternative names
- object name: Official photograph
- object name: Aerial photograph (vertical)
- object category: Black and white
© IWM (C 4668)Purchase & License
Low-level vertical aerial photograph taken shortly after the daylight attack on the sea-wall of Walcheren Island, Holland, showing a breach in the wall at the most westerly tip of the island, caused by the extremely accurate bombing, being widened by the incoming high tide and inundating the village of Westkapelle (top right).
- Allied Air Offensive 1942-1945, North West Europe, Second World War
- Liberation of the Netherlands 1944-1945, North West Europe, Second World War
IWM Non Commercial Licence
The media for this item are free to reuse for non-commercial purposes under the IWM Non Commercial Licence. Video, sound and images can be embedded with the code we offer here, and images can also be downloaded.
By downloading any images or embedding any media, you agree to the terms and conditions of the IWM Non Commercial Licence, including your use of the attribution statement specified by IWM. For this item, that is: © IWM (C 4668)